I’M HAVING TROUBLE STARTING A TREATMENT
Make sure you are making good skin contact and the two silver skin sensors (on either side of the treatment window) are flushed against the skin. THE ANGLE MATTERS it should be positioned directly on top of the pimple.
IS IT NORMAL TO FEEL HEAT ON MY SKIN DURING THE CLARO TREATMENT
CLARO uses light and heat to kill the P. acnes bacteria that causes acne. During a treatment you will feel heat on your skin. If the heat is uncomfortable you should stop the treatment and allow your skin to cool before starting again. Don’t worry if you can’t finish two 6-second applications.
IS IT NORMAL FOR MY SKIN TO BE RED AFTER A CLARO TREATMENT
Some people may experience temporary redness (erythema) after a treatment that can last up to 24 hours. It’s a normal reaction and is part of the healing process. Late stage pimples tend to be inflamed and red already so you may see redness after treating a last stage pimple. If the redness lasts more than 48 hours you should see your doctor.
WHY DOES THE CLARO STOP AFTER TWO 6-SECOND APPLICATIONS
It’s actually supposed to do that for safety reasons. The CLARO has a TIMEOUT feature that starts after a complete treatment (2 applications). During the TIMEOUT the light ring will blink green for 60 seconds to allow the treatment window to cool down. The CLARO will beep at the end of the TIMEOUT to let you know that it’s ready to treat.
The CLARO has an EXTENDED TIMEOUT FEATURE that starts after 4 complete treatments (8 applications). During the EXTENDED TIMEOUT the light ring will blink green for 3 minutes to allow the treatment window to cool down. The CLARO will beep at the end of the EXTENDED TIMEOUT to let you know that it’s ready to treat.
HOW MANY TIMES SHOULD I TREAT EACH PIMPLE
It helps to remember the following:
• Each CLARO application lasts 6 seconds and has 10 flashes
• To get a full CLARO treatment, you need to do 2 CLARO applications, back-to-back
• Start the second application right after the first application for best results
• Each complete treatment should be 8 hours apart
• Do not treat the same pimple or pustule with more than 4 complete treatments (8 applications) during any 7-day period
• Repeating the treatments more than 4 times (8 applications) on each pimple or pustule within a 7-day period could cause a burn or blister